Note: if you joined the AT Program before Fall 2019, please contact us about your teaching task requirements.
Participants in the AT program must submit six authentic teaching tasks to complete the program. Each task is associated with a respective workshop.
For each task, you must submit the proper documentation electronically by email to email@example.com. Click on the hyperlinked instructions for each teaching task listed below.
- The Campus Resource Visit & Reflection (Introduction to Teaching Resources)
- The Syllabus Draft (Syllabus Design)
- Teaching Philosophy Statement (Reflective Teaching in Practice)
- Annotated Bibliography of SoTL Journal Articles (Course Design)
In addition, you must complete 2 written assignments from the list below:
- Classroom Observation and Annotated Bibliography of Teaching Techniques (Effective Classroom Interaction)
- Assessment and Rubric Design (Assessment and Grading)
- Technology Project (Technology Elective)
- Inclusive Pedagogy Project (Inclusive Pedagogy Elective)
- Videotaped Teaching Practice
- Write a 1-2 pp, single-spaced, General Reflection on any Elective Workshop
Specifications for the Inclusive Pedagogy and the Technology Projects are under review and will be available soon. Please email us if you would like to get started on these now.
Completing the six authentic teaching tasks takes time and organization. We have found that participants who wait until their final semester to begin these tasks find it difficult to complete them. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to develop a teaching task completion plan at least a full semester before your anticipated graduation date.
Note to graduating participants: If you are graduating, please be sure you’ve informed us of your graduation date and make every effort to submit materials well in advance of your graduation date and no later than the CNDLS Review Deadline designated below.
Deadlines For Graduating Participants
- The Fall Semester deadline is the Friday before the week of Thanksgiving
- The Spring Semester deadline is the Friday after Spring Break
These deadlines ensure that we have time to review and solicit revisions when necessary prior to a participant’s graduation. If you do not plan to graduate, then the semester submission deadlines do not apply to you.
Please submit any completed documentation electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to scan and email documents with faculty signatures.