The Language Learning Technology (LLT) Center provides a variety of materials, services, and consulting support that promote the integration of technology into foreign language teaching and learning at Georgetown University.
The Language Learning Technology Center includes three rooms, all located near the auditorium on the second floor of the Intercultural Center Building (ICC). Directions to the LLT Center
Language Lab (ICC 224): The lab houses an extensive collection of audio, video and computing materials for all levels of the languages taught at Georgetown University. Students and faculty use this facility on a walk-in basis for independent language study. Equipment includes: 12 networked Macintosh computers, 10 region-free DVD players, and 15 TV/VCRs, eight of which provide access to Georgetown University cable, two of which serve as a video-editing station for customer use, and one which is connected to a TiVo for scheduled program recordings.
Technology Classroom (ICC 227): This state-of-the-art classroom provides 20 desktop computers with microphones and cameras, a projection and sound system, playback devices for a variety of media and formats, a "smart board" system, audio and video software, and network-based sharing features to facilitate new types of exchange and interaction. Movable conference tables and wireless laptop computers give instructors the ability to reconfigure the classroom for a variety of activities.
Consultation and Development Space (ICC 226): In this facility, LLT staff members consult with FLL faculty and graduate students on the integration of digital and online learning resources in foreign language courses and linguistics research projects. LLT staff members work with instructors to create multimedia instructional material. The room provides equipment to digitize, edit, and compress video and audio for online delivery, to scan images and text, to produce digital video recordings, and to create a variety of learning materials and environments.
- The Language Learning Technology Center facilities are for the use of Georgetown University language students, faculty, and staff.
- All users must have a valid Georgetown University identification card to use the language lab, the technology classroom, or LLT equipment, or to check out materials.
- Food, beverages, and tobacco products are prohibited in the Language Lab and Technology Classroom.
- Users are expected to take proper care of the equipment.
- Alteration of computer settings or installation of applications is prohibited.
- Faculty, staff and students are responsible for returning the facilities to an orderly state after every use.