“What We Are Learning About Learning” is a podcast about teaching and learning in higher education. Through this resource, we hope to expand and share more broadly the conversations we’re having with students, faculty, and staff, and throw light on some of the most important issues and developments in higher education today.
Season 1 Episode 3. March 2021: Beyond the Screen with Experiential Assignments
In this episode, we share the stories of several faculty and students who have engaged with experiential assignments. We focused particularly on learning activities that required students to get away from their screens and interact with the physical world around them—wherever that may be.
Links to Faculty Bios
- Dr. Edward Barrows, Professor of Ecology in the Department of Biology and Director of the Center for the Environment
- Dr. Min-Ah Cho, Assistant Teaching Professor in the Department of Theology and Religious Studies
- Dr. Sylvie Durmelat, Associate Professor in the Department of French and Francophone Studies
- Dr. David Ebenbach, Professor of the Practice in the Walsh School of Foreign Service Center for Jewish Civilization and at the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship
- Dr. Yuki Kato, Assistant Professor of Sociology and Food Justice Fellow at the Center for Social Justice
- Dr. Chandra Manning, Professor of United States History in the Department of History
- Dr. Sylvia Ӧnder, Teaching Professor in the Department of Anthropology and Turkish Language and Culture; Small Program Languages Coordinator
- Dr. Libbie Rifkin, Teaching Professor in the Department of English
- Dr. Jessica Smith, Research and Policy Manager at the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
- Dr. Martha Weiss, Professor in the Department of Biology and Co-Director of Environmental Studies
- Aiyanna Maciel, School of Foreign Service Class of 2021, MA in Latin American Studies with concentration in Government & Leadership
- Isabel McHenry, Georgetown College Class of 2024, BS in Spanish and Management
- Maya Silardi, Georgetown College Class of 2021, BS in Sociology and Women’s & Gender Studies
Head back to the main page for the What We Are Learning About Learning: A CNDLS Podcast and for more episodes!